Saturday, January 30, 2010

I'm DONE - Thing 23

Time consuming, sometimes fun, interesting, frustrating, useful - all terms I would use to describe this program. And yes, expand it, and I'll come back for more.

Positives: It put a little more depth to my knowledge. Sure, I knew about PodCasts, RSS feeds, and web organizers, but I admit that I had not used a lot of them. Or when I used them it was with one of my children holding my hand. GoogleReader - it was just a tab on my email, and now I use it daily to get valuable and useless information. I'm a fan. I've always loved YouTube and have a little more knowledge. Wait Wait Don't Tell Me has always been my favorite podcast, and after looking at many others, it hasn't lost 1st place. Library podcasts are still a little boring in my mind, especially as a tool for teen service. Web organizers - what a nice discovery.

Negatives: Signup - It took me several weeks to navigate the system. I just worked with a colleague yesterday to assist her in what should be an easy and inviting task. Still had major problems. Update the links!!!!! Sure, it becomes an adventure to find sources on our own, we're all librarians, and can do so with ease. But it just does not look like a professionally organized training with all those dead ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment